Monday 12 October 2015

Short Conversations



ASKING FOR INFORMATION


Ben : Hello John

John : Hello Ben. How are you?

Ben : I’m fine thanks. What are you drinking?

John : Just coffee. You want some?

Ben : No, thanks. I just had it.

John : What about cigarette? Do you smoke?

Ben : Oh sorry, I don’t smoke.

John : Ok then. Well, is there a meeting today?

Ben : Yes, we will have a meeting at 2pm.

John : Really? About what?

Ben : I don’t know. But I heard it’s very important. All staffs must be there.

John : Where is the place?

Ben : in the meeting room, as usual. Will you be there?

John : yes of course.

Ben : OK, I must go now. See you later in the meeting.

John : Ok see you later.




GIVING ADVICES (memberi saran/nasihat)


John : Hi Ben!

Ben : Oh hi, John.

John : What are you doing?

Ben : I am rubbing my stomach with hot oil. I have a stomachache.

John : That’s too bad. I’m so sorry to hear that.

Ben : Could you help me, please? What should I do?

John : Hmm.. You should not eat spicy food.

Ben : OK. Thanks for your advice.

John : My pleasure. Get well soon, Ben.

Ben : Thanks. Amen.


Anjuran :

1. You + SHOULD + VERB +

2. You + WOULD BETTER + VERB +


Larangan :


1. You + SHOULD NOT + VERB +

2. You + WOULD BETTER NOT + VERB+


SHOULD : sebaiknya

SHOULD NOT : sebaiknya tidak


Online Quiz 

No comments:

Post a Comment