Thursday 10 December 2015

The Princess´s Ring



Characters: Narrator, Fedko, King, Uncle, Princess, Servant

SCRIPT

Narrator: Once upon a time there were a king and queen who had a very beautiful daughter. When the time came for her to marry, the king proclaimed that she would marry the man who could take the ring off her finger. One day a craftsman named Fedko came to see the king.

(AT THE PALACE)

Fedko: Your Majesty, I think I can take the ring off the princess’s finger.

King: Do it, and the princess is yours!




Narrator: Fedko always worked together with his uncle, a craftsman like himself, so he told him.

(AT THE SHOP)

Fedko: I wish you could think of a way of taking the ring off the princess’s finger!. It is not easy, the king keeps her under lock and key.

Uncle: We must make a clock as big as a cupboard. You will climb into it and play your pipe, and when the princess hears you she will be sure to come to see what the time is.

Fedko: Very well Uncle. Let´s get to work.

Narrator: Fedko and his uncle set to work at once, and the clock was ready before the week was up.

Fedko: I will take my pipe and climb into the clock. Uncle! lock it and go to the fair to sell it.

(AT THE FAIR)

Princess: Oh, this clock is so beautiful.

Fedko: (thinking inside the clock) I´ll start playing my pipe.

Princess: What a beautiful music! Buy me this clock, Father, please.

King: If you want it, I will buy it for you.

Narrator: The king paid for the clock, and his servants took it to the palace and placed it in a corner of the princess’s room.

(AT THE PRINCESS BEDROOM)

Princess: I love this clock so much, that I will just sit here in front of it for the rest of the day.

Fedko: The princess is listening, I will keep playing my pipe until she gets tired and goes to bed.

Narrator: After a while the princess got tired.

Princess: It´s late, I better go to bed.

Fedko: Now that the princess is sleeping it´s time for me to get out and get the ring.

Narrator: So Fedko climbed out, went to the princess´bed and slipped the ring off her finger and then climbed back into the clock again.

Fedko: I have it! Now I will marry her.

Narrator: On the next day Fedko again started playing his pipe.

Fedko: I am so hungry! I think I will not be able to play very long.

Narrator: And the clock stopped.

Princess: What´s wrong? The clock is not playing, I have to tell me father.

(AT THE KING´S BEDROOM)

Princess: Father, something is wrong with the clock, it doesn’t play any more!

King: I’ll have the man who made it sent for, he will repair it. Servant!

Servant: Yes, my King.

King: Go to the craftsman shop and bring him to me.

Servant: Yes, my King.

Narrator: The king’s servant went to Fedko’s uncle. He came and took the clock to his house.

(AT THE SHOP)

Uncle: Fedko, get out now.

Fedko: Oh, it was about time! I am so hungry. I couldn´t stand being inside the clock anymore.

Uncle: I have some food ready, go and eat. Meanwhile I will fix the clock so that it plays without anyone being inside.

Fedko: Good Uncle. But, do you know what? I have the ring!

Uncle: Good for you!

(AT THE PALACE)

Narrator: The king then noticed that the ring was gone from his daughter’s finger.

King: What have you done to the ring?

Princess: Nothing, Father, someone must have taken it.

King: It´s impossible! Nobody has come into the palace. Servant!

Servant: Yes, my King.

King: You must proclaim throughout the kingdom that the man who has taken the ring off the princess’s finger has to come to the palace and marry her.

Servant: Right away!

Narrator: The servant did as he was told. And soon Fedko came to the palace.

King: So, you are the man who has my daughter´s ring.

Fedko: Yes, but I will not say how I got it.

King: Show it to me. I must see it.

Fedko: Here it is.

King: Very well.. It is my daughter´s ring. As I said before, now that you have the ring, you can marry the princess. Take good care of her.

Fedko: I will make her very happy, my King.

(the princess and Fedko hug)

Narrator: Soon they got married and lived happily forever and ever.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment