Tuesday 16 June 2015

Expressing Pleasure and Displeasure

A. Expressing Pleasure 

Formal :
~ I'm delighted to hear that.
~ we are pleased to hear about ....
~ It gives me great pleasure/satisfaction ...
~ I can't say how pleased/delighted I am ...

Informal :
~ Great!
~ Terrific!
~ Fantastic!
~ Hey, that's great.


B. Expressing Displeasure or Annoyance

Formal :
~ I'm very annoyed ....
~ oh dear!
~ .... really makes me angry.
~ I really hate ...

Informal
~ Why didn't he tell me?
~ I can't stand hearing this!
~ Oh no, what next?
~ That's the last straw!
~ .... really makes me sick.

C. Expressing Satisfaction :
~ I'm satisfied with ...
~ I'm glad that you've done.
~ It's really satisfying.

D. Expressing Dissatisfaction :
~ I'm not satisfied with ...
~ Oh no ...
~ its not very nice.
~ I'm dissatisfied with ...
~ It's really not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment